For my regular visitors, if you find that this blog hasn't been updating much lately, chances are pretty good I've been spending my writing energy on my companion blog. Feel free to pop over to Home is Where the Central Cardio-pulmonary Organ Is, and see what else has been going on.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

*hack*cough* shiver

So, while folks in the East are having a heat wave, things are pretty cold in the Western half. There was also what I'm pretty sure is a first for us - tornado warnings. Not that they're all that unusual in this part of the world, but it's nothing compared to tornado alley in the US, and we've simply never had them anywhere we've lived before, that I can remember. We got quite the thunder and lightning this afternoon, but so far as I know, no funnel clouds. Things have finally calmed down for tonight, but it's pretty cold for this time of year, and we're looking at more thunderstorms tomorrow. I hope that doesn't happen, as we're expecting to be at some friends to take in a back yard performance of A Midsummer Night's Dream. I was talking to an online friend living in Victoria, BC, and she's considering building a portable greenhouse to protect her tomatoes from the cold. In Victoria. In June.

Meanwhile, I've been diligently trying to cough my lungs out for the past two days. It's getting rather painful. I even went so far as to call for doctor's appointment - and much to my surprise, I got one this week! I don't know what good it'll do, but I'd really like to find out what the heck is wrong with my lungs. I've gone through all the tests before, and they call came back normal. Which is good, but frustrating. It's been 5 or 6 years though, so maybe I'll be "lucky" and whatever's making me cough will have done enough damage, they'll be able to find something on the Xrays. Assuming I get sent for Xrays again. Who knows.

Such fun. :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line...