For my regular visitors, if you find that this blog hasn't been updating much lately, chances are pretty good I've been spending my writing energy on my companion blog. Feel free to pop over to Home is Where the Central Cardio-pulmonary Organ Is, and see what else has been going on.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Your vermicompost is killing the planet!

Obligatory disclaimer...



Stop composting now!

It's almost enough to make you throw in the towel.

Oh, and in case my sarcasm isn't showing through in text (I'm terrible at sarcasm; probably because it's often used as a form of verbal abuse), I think compositing is a great thing, and would love to set up a vermicompost in the near future.

“We have concentrated on getting waste out of landfill and into worm composting systems but they can actually produce more greenhouse gases than landfill sites produce,” Frederickson said.
...
Frederickson said: “Everybody loves them because they think they can do no harm but they contribute to global warming. People are looking into alternative waste treatments but we have to make sure that we are not jumping from the frying pan into the fire.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line...