For my regular visitors, if you find that this blog hasn't been updating much lately, chances are pretty good I've been spending my writing energy on my companion blog. Feel free to pop over to Home is Where the Central Cardio-pulmonary Organ Is, and see what else has been going on.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Another one gone

Once again, Death has paid a visit to my ever shrinking family.  This time, it was after a long and hard fought battle against cancer.  I saw my cousin at my my brother's funeral just a couple of months ago.  It took a lot for him to make it, and I greatly appreciated it.  Now, I will never see him again.  We can't afford another trip out for the funeral.  I'll have to say my good byes from a distance.

As the years go by, there's nothing strange about loosing our loved ones.  The strange part is that it's been the younger generation we've been loosing.  The saying goes, no parent should have to bury their own child.  My aunt has now buried two children and a grandchild.  My heart goes out to her and my remaining cousins.  They were there for me.  I so wish I could be there for them.  I am in spirit, but it's just not the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line...