For my regular visitors, if you find that this blog hasn't been updating much lately, chances are pretty good I've been spending my writing energy on my companion blog. Feel free to pop over to Home is Where the Central Cardio-pulmonary Organ Is, and see what else has been going on.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Dang it...

Yesterday was gorgeous. Sun and cloud with the odd rain passing by, the sky filled with beautiful towering cumulus and temperatures reaching 20C. A perfect day to finally transplant my herbs into planters outside. Many of my friends with gardens took advantage of the day to start planting.

Today, I had to take the planters in.

Why?

Because it's friggin' cold.

Temps have dropped to 3C right now, with a wind chill making it feel like -3C. The kids and I were out and about when it started to rain. Just before heading home, I was starting to see snow. Temperatures are supposed to reach 0C or -1C, depending on where you check your weather forecasts. My wee little seedlings, having just been transplanted, did well overnight, but last night was about 10 degrees warmer than it is right now.

I'm thinking we'll have to turn the furnace back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line...