For my regular visitors, if you find that this blog hasn't been updating much lately, chances are pretty good I've been spending my writing energy on my companion blog. Feel free to pop over to Home is Where the Central Cardio-pulmonary Organ Is, and see what else has been going on.

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

A great loss this tuesday.

No, I'm not talking about yesterday's election.

Michael Crichton, dead at 66



Michael Crichton dies of cancer

Crichton died Tuesday in Los Angeles at age 66 after privately battling cancer.

John Wells, executive producer of "ER" called the author "an extraordinary man. Brilliant, funny, erudite, gracious, exceptionally inquisitive and always thoughtful.

"No lunch with Michael lasted less than three hours and no subject was too prosaic or obscure to attract his interest. Sexual politics, medical and scientific ethics, anthropology, archaeology, economics, astronomy, astrology, quantum physics, and molecular biology were all regular topics of conversation."


Damn. We've lost a great mind and an amazing talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line...