For my regular visitors, if you find that this blog hasn't been updating much lately, chances are pretty good I've been spending my writing energy on my companion blog. Feel free to pop over to Home is Where the Central Cardio-pulmonary Organ Is, and see what else has been going on.

Monday, December 03, 2007

A little thing called integrity - they don't have it.

I've made no secret that I have a low opinion of the UN. I've come to believe it's probably the most corrupt organization in the world - a noble idea gone terribly wrong. The UN has no integrity left anymore, and do more harm than good. As such, I can't understand those who seem to put the UN on some sort of pedestal, and am alarmed by those who suggest the UN should have even more power over the world. In my opinion, we'd be better off disbanding the UN completely, and this is just another example of why.

Editorial link here.

...

The UN often exaggerates issues it thinks are worthwhile, be it AIDS, global warming, refugees, hunger, children, poverty, etc. It doesn't do this recklessly or by accident, but to force awareness on an otherwise apathetic public, to raise money for whatever the cause is.

As for the exaggeration of the AIDS "pandemic," especially in Africa, AIDS author Helen Epstein told the Washington Post that the UN's "tendency towards alarmism fit a certain fundraising agenda."

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I was tagged and if you would like to join us I am tagging you.
    http://the-travelers-journal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line...