For my regular visitors, if you find that this blog hasn't been updating much lately, chances are pretty good I've been spending my writing energy on my companion blog. Feel free to pop over to Home is Where the Central Cardio-pulmonary Organ Is, and see what else has been going on.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Power Bars

Tonight, my shift at the grocery store ended *before* closing, for a change. As I was getting my purse out of my locker and starting to head out, my cell phone beedled at me. My husband had sent me a text message, asking me to pick up a few Power Bars. I thought this was rather strange, as they are rather gross, but I figured he had a reason. So, off to the pharmacy section I go and pick up a few.

When I get home, my husband asked me if I picked up the Power Bars. I said yes. As I was handing him the bag, he asks if I picked up 1 or 2. I told him three. His face seemed rather perplexed as he took the bag from me. Into the bag he looks, then asks me if I checked my text messages. Yes, I told him. You asked me to pick up some Power Bars, so I did.

It turns out he meant power bars, not Power Bars - as in the things you plug into, not the things you eat. He and the kids picked up a new computer today (yay!) and we need power bars to be able to set it up.

Oops.

I pointed out to him that I work in a GROCERY STORE. Of course, I'd think of a food item rather than an electrical item! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line...