For my regular visitors, if you find that this blog hasn't been updating much lately, chances are pretty good I've been spending my writing energy on my companion blog. Feel free to pop over to Home is Where the Central Cardio-pulmonary Organ Is, and see what else has been going on.

Friday, June 09, 2006

A quote for thought

I like to collect quotes. Here's one I felt might be pertinent in our current climate.


"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, not the lawyer, who has given us the right to a fair trial. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves under the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." - Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

1 comment:

  1. Well said! I too like to collect quotes and proverbs. Matter of fact I just bought a box of 800 quotes and proverbs to use while I write letters to my Chemo patients and my senoir patient. I found them in a local scrapebooking store stored in a cute box that looks like rice from a Chinese restaurant came in it. They have been fun to read through.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line...