For my regular visitors, if you find that this blog hasn't been updating much lately, chances are pretty good I've been spending my writing energy on my companion blog. Feel free to pop over to Home is Where the Central Cardio-pulmonary Organ Is, and see what else has been going on.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Nuclear Waste

As I've been studying everything I can about climate for the past few years, I've learned a few short cuts when it comes to choosing whether a report or some self-proclaimed "expert" is worth listening to. When it comes to AGW, one of these short cuts is when people describe CO2 with words like "pollutant," or "toxic." As soon as I see this, I've learned that the groups or individuals using these terms are not worth taking seriously.

This is the first time, however, that I've read someone compare CO2 to nuclear waste.

Irreversible Warming

“We have to think about it much more like nuclear waste than, like say, smog or acid rain,” explains one of the world’s top atmospheric scientists, Susan Solomon, Senior Scientist for the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration. Solomon is leading the research team. She adds, “What we’re doing with carbon dioxide is forever.”
(emphasis not mine)

This takes things to a whole new level of idiocy. If this " top atmospheric" scientist really is the leader of NOAA's research team, they're in serious trouble.

After a statement like this, it doesn't matter what else Solomon or anyone on her research team says; none of it can be trusted, one way or the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line...