For my regular visitors, if you find that this blog hasn't been updating much lately, chances are pretty good I've been spending my writing energy on my companion blog. Feel free to pop over to Home is Where the Central Cardio-pulmonary Organ Is, and see what else has been going on.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

The sky is still falling! Seriously!

I haven't have much time to post lately, but I just couldn't resist throwing up a quick note about this story, from Times Online.

Arctic is melting even in winter.

Wow. Reading this article, you'd think it meant Arctic ice is actually going away right now, instead of increasing, as it does this time of year, every year.

Oh, hold on.

Sea ice area approaching the edge of normal standard deviation.

If you look at the graphs, you'll notice that this year, the sea ice had been increasing with amazing speed. Which is pretty much the opposite of what the Times article is claiming.

Now, how many people who read the Times article do you think will take the time to check if it's true?

Why would they even feel the need to do so?

Why should anyone have to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line...