For my regular visitors, if you find that this blog hasn't been updating much lately, chances are pretty good I've been spending my writing energy on my companion blog. Feel free to pop over to Home is Where the Central Cardio-pulmonary Organ Is, and see what else has been going on.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

How awesome is this!!!

Psychiatrist knits anatomically correct wooly brain.


Psychiatrist Dr Karen Norberg, of National Bureau of Economic Research in Cambridge, Massachusetts, spent a year knitting an anatomically correct replica of the human brain.






Isn't this just wild?? I love it!

Dr Norberg said she started knitting the individual parts of the brain - such as the cerebellum, brainstem and amygdala - separately before bringing them together.

Her patience paid off and the woolly brain is now on display at the Boston Museum of Science.

The psychiatrist is now looking for other ways of using her creativity: "I'm thinking of posters or t-shirts, but I am not so sure whether people will want to walk around with a knitted brain on the front of their clothes."


Me, me!! I'd wear one!


Yes, I'm a geek.



1 comment:

  1. I love it! That is really cool! I would wear a t-shirt too. Younger son would love this.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line...