For my regular visitors, if you find that this blog hasn't been updating much lately, chances are pretty good I've been spending my writing energy on my companion blog. Feel free to pop over to Home is Where the Central Cardio-pulmonary Organ Is, and see what else has been going on.

Friday, February 15, 2008

SC24, where are you?

Check out this interesting post about the sun's current activity - or lack of it, I should say.

Where have all the sunspots gone?

So right now, we're in a major La Nina, which is largely responsible for much of the cold weather occurring lately (which are, of course, being blamed on AGW). We also seem to be in a PDO shift, which has its own effect on climate. Meanwhile, with the sun being as quiet as it is, there's concern of another Maunder Minimum type scenario, with its potential for severe cold as experienced during the Little Ice Age.

I guess, in the next few years, we'll find out once and for all if it's more than just correlation.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line...