For my regular visitors, if you find that this blog hasn't been updating much lately, chances are pretty good I've been spending my writing energy on my companion blog. Feel free to pop over to Home is Where the Central Cardio-pulmonary Organ Is, and see what else has been going on.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Follow the money.

Obligatory disclaimer...


Among the accusations made against those who disagree with AGW is that the "skeptics" are being paid to cause dissension - usually by Exxon/Mobile, but by big industry in general. Scientists who dare to disagree with the status quo are accused of being in the "pockets of Big Oil." It doesn't matter if it's true or not, the accusation is enough. I'm seeing uncomfortable parallels to false accusations of sexual assault. The accusation is enough to presume guilt, and even if the person is found innocent, they are often branded for life.

Follow the money, we are often told, and you'll find your answer. Well, here's a couple of numbers for you.

$50 billion vs $19 million

Take a while guess as to which side is better funded?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line...