For my regular visitors, if you find that this blog hasn't been updating much lately, chances are pretty good I've been spending my writing energy on my companion blog. Feel free to pop over to Home is Where the Central Cardio-pulmonary Organ Is, and see what else has been going on.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Now online...

When I first started writing on the theme of global warming/climate change, the two opposing viewpoints were exemplified by the movie, An Inconvenient Truth, and the documentary, The Great Global Warming Swindle.

Since then, another show has become available online, Exposed: A Climate of Fear. This link will take you to the full and complete version, not split up into parts, so it might take a while to load. You can also read the transcript here.

I like how, right from the beginning, the host states...

Welcome to exposed, the climate of fear. I want you to know right up front, this is not a balanced look at global warming. It is the other side of the climate debate that you don`t hear anywhere.

Right from the get go, you know you're getting "the other side" of the story. They're not pretending to be anything different. Ironically, as I watched it, I found it to be far more balanced. Not only do they acknowledge opposing views without de-ligitimizing them, they showed them as excellent examples of good ways we can make a difference in the world (ie: the electric car - what a beauty! - and solar house examples). It's worth it to watch until the very end, as the host's summary is quite worth listening to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line...