For my regular visitors, if you find that this blog hasn't been updating much lately, chances are pretty good I've been spending my writing energy on my companion blog. Feel free to pop over to Home is Where the Central Cardio-pulmonary Organ Is, and see what else has been going on.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

What it really looks like

While reading through the comments on Big Fat Blog's recent post about a teacher that was fired because of his size, I found this interesting site.

A lot of people, when they hear the numbers associated with weight, don't actually know what that number looks like on a real person. The chart on this site has prictures of real people at various heights and weights. More pictures are needed - there are large gaps on the chart - but it still goes a long way to show that the numbers on the scale aren't a good predictor of what someone actually looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line...