For my regular visitors, if you find that this blog hasn't been updating much lately, chances are pretty good I've been spending my writing energy on my companion blog. Feel free to pop over to Home is Where the Central Cardio-pulmonary Organ Is, and see what else has been going on.

Friday, September 16, 2005

one last post before we leave...

My phone is being disconnected sometime this afternoon, so I figured I'd make a quick post while I've got the chance! *L* Still, I shouldn't be gone long. Dh has arranged to have an internet connection set up on Monday, and we should arrive Sunday night. Sweet. :-D

This have been... exhasperating, frustrating, downright depressing... Ugh! The boxes I had sent came out to a mere 500 pounds - 1/2 of what I'd intended to send originally. Having moved those boxes and bins back and forth a few times, as well as the ones left behind, I figure I've easily got about 600 - 700 pounds waiting for a future date. And I'm still not done. It seems the more I get packed and sorted, the more I find! And I just don't know what to do with some of it. There are items that I want to bring along, but are oddly shaped and just won't fit in any of the boxes I've got left - at least nothing that I want to keep down to a decent weight! Then there's all the stuff I'm leaving that I still need to move out and put away, just so that I can clean the shelves they're in. It just feels so endless. I've made progress and there's really not much left to do, but it just *looks* like so much.

Well, ready or not, we're gone tomorrow. I hate to leave so much behind - it's just work for my parents - but I can't see myself getting it all done in time. Unfortunately, the kids are more hinderance than help. Getting them to help at all is hard enough, but I'm spending so much time explaining what they need to do (do I *really* need to tell them that they have to empty the drain tray before they can wash more dishes? Apparently so...), that I'm loosing time rather than gaining by having them "help." I can't really hold it against them, either. They're just as stressed by all this as I am.

Still, it's slowly getting done, and that's what's important.

Oh - gotta make some phone calls while I've still got a phone line, too. We're meeting family for brunch in the city on our way out, and we still haven't arranged where, yet!

So, the next time I post here, it'll be from out new home. Until then, take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line...